The role of an interior designer is to perfectly design each space with form and functionality, delivering exquisite designs that align with the clients' brief & budget...
Hi, I'm Sarah Comerford and I founded HOME by belle 9 years ago. I had been in the renovation game for a number of years, prior to establishing this business, having flipped (bought, renovated and sold) 16 properties. Subsequently, I became passionate about design and renovation. The idea around establishing HBB actually came to life when I was on maternity leave. I felt that going back to my old position was not the lifestyle I wanted for me and my family life and so, HOME by belle was born. 4 years ago in June, I opened the HOME by belle Showroom in Willoughby, creating a design and renovation space that doubles as an office for my growing team.
And right now I'm looking for a qualified, professional and polished individual to join our growing business as a Senior Interior Designer. Needing a strong grounding in concept design, design development and design detail, this role will suit a highly capable all-rounder with a focus on residential design. You will need proven experience in a similar role managing all stages of your own projects while mentoring a team. To thrive in this role, it is essential you will have an empathic approach with strong client focus, high attention to detail, excellent space planning and a second to none understanding of functionality.
Who are you? Well, in addition to at least 7 years residential experience, I'm looking for someone that is described by others as:
- Self-confident and intelligent
- You've got commercial 'smarts'
- A doer - with lots of 'get-it-done' energy
- Diplomatically assertive, able to manage both team members and client expectations with ease
- Sociable... but you get on with the job too
- You're a leader who leverages policies, procedures and processes
- Positive by nature - but not blindly optimistic
- A confident decision-maker
- Comfortable being held accountable
- Someone who takes the initiative
Your days will see you:
- Responsible for overseeing your own projects and it’s deliverables from conception to completion
- Creating and owning conceptual direction for projects
- Producing high quality presentations, material and mood boards
- Confidently presenting and ‘selling the dream’ to clients
- Working closely with clients, both managing existing and building new relationships
- Developing detailed documentation packages for delivery within time frames provided by the Design Manager
- Providing guidance and leadership to team members to work collaboratively on projects
- Maintaining and managing client budget expectations
- Ensuring high-quality project delivery, on time and on budget
- Providing creative solutions and working with builders onsite to bring your designs to life
- Using Revit with a technical understanding for construction
We enjoy a good laugh while coming together to innovate and push the company forward into exciting new areas. • We're a vibrant, quick moving business that is growing rapidly. • You'll play an integral part in a skilled team of designers, working on high end renovation projects • We enjoy a supportive team environment to achieve and grow in your own field and strongly encourage up-skilling • You'll get access to our education & training partner 'The Entourage' for professional development and growth • We offer job stability with high business growth forecasted
Sound interesting? Why not hit the Apply button, build your profile (no need for a CV or cover letter just yet)? Do a little 10-minute self-assessment that tells us a bit about your nature - and we'll be in touch!
EVERY application will be acknowledged. EVERY applicant will be advised the outcome of their application.
HOME by belle is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all people who believe they have the right blend of experience and character.